Samsung’s Galaxy S arrangement made its introduction on June 4, 2010, and from that point forward it’s become the telephone line the vast majority consider when Android is referenced.
Not all telephones are made equivalent however, so to check a time of Galaxy S gadgets we figured it would be a pleasant plan to rank every age all together from most exceedingly terrible to best. We attempted to adjust the basic and business gathering with the real significance of each phone(s), the highlights and specs on offer, and our own hunches.
It’s a given this is totally supportive of a touch of fun, your assessments may shift! It’s likewise worth recalling that huge numbers of these telephones are among the best the cell phone world has ever observed — being the most exceedingly awful of the absolute best is still truly extraordinary. With all that stated, make certain to decide in favor of your preferred Galaxy S arrangement in the survey underneath and give us your own rankings in the remarks!
For an increasingly point by point take a gander at the historical backdrop of Galaxy S telephones, make certain to peruse our review here.
Which is the best Galaxy S generation so far?
- Samsung Galaxy S
- Samsung Galaxy S2
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Samsung Galaxy S6
- Samsung Galaxy S7
- Samsung Galaxy S8
- Samsung Galaxy S9
- Samsung Galaxy S10
- Samsung Galaxy S20
11. Samsung Galaxy S6
2015’s Galaxy S6 was a striking discharge for a few reasons. It denoted the range’s first invasion into the glass structure an area promoted by the iPhone. It likewise observed Samsung coordinate Apple as far as valuing system, having commonly been less expensive than the iPhone until this point. Be that as it may, the Galaxy S6 takes the wooden spoon in our rankings since it cut or traded off such a large number of highlights seen on the Galaxy S5 so as to accomplish this structure. That implied no IP rating, no removable battery, no microSD support, and an a lot littler battery.
- Premium design
- Exynos 7420 chipset was a beast
- Great camera
- Fingerprint reader that didn’t wasn’t terrible
- Native wireless charging (no special case required)
- Tiny battery
- No IP rating
- No microSD expansion or removable battery
10. Samsung Galaxy S
The telephone that began everything, the Samsung Galaxy S (or Galaxy S1) appears to be ridiculous now when you look at the specs. A 1Ghz single-center chipset, 512MB of RAM, a 4-inch 480 x 800 screen. Be that as it may, this was basically on a par with it got in the beginning of Android, and it truly was early. The greatest drawbacks were the deadened plan, bombastic programming, and absence of a camera streak.
- Great browser back when Chrome wasn’t on mobile
- As good as it got in terms of core specs
- No camera flash
- Battery life wasn’t fantastic
- Dull design
9. Samsung Galaxy S2
Between the early idea of Android at that point and a general absence of clean, the Samsung Galaxy S1 fell barely short of significance. Samsung’s second endeavor in 2011, then again, conveyed extraordinary compared to other Android telephones to date. The Galaxy S2 offered a durable plan, removable battery, an OLED screen, and lively internals. A cultivated, significant advance in Samsung’s rising to the highest point of the Android world, the main explanation it isn’t higher on this rundown is that Samsung US and its system accomplices made such a large number of variations (Samsung Galaxy S2 Epic 4G Touch, anybody?) that finding a genuine Galaxy S2 (the GT-I9100) was a practically Sisyphean assignment.
- Rear camera could compete with iPhone lineup
- 2MP selfie camera when VGA or 1.3MP was the norm
- Wide variety of video formats
- OLED screen was pretty nifty
- Mediocre battery life
- A ton of variants that created marketplace confusion
8. Samsung Galaxy S4
The Galaxy S4 wasn’t only Samsung’s most mainstream Galaxy S arrangement telephone, it’s additionally the smash hit Android telephone ever. Be that as it may, it additionally felt like the second where Samsung went a little crazy. The fundamental guilty party here was TouchWiz, as Samsung introduce a huge amount of bloatware and took a “pretty much everything also” way to deal with its own product increases. Do you truly require page looking over by means of a head tilt? Or then again the capacity to make a 5.1 encompass sound framework with six telephones? This shouldn’t imply that that it didn’t have any intriguing programming increments, as “bothies” (indeed, path before Nokia) and Drama Shot, however be straightforward, did you ever utilize even these novel highlights more than once?
- Removable battery with microSD card slot
- Good daytime picture quality
- Great display
- Bloated Android skin with many gimmicky features
- Basically Galaxy S3.1 in terms of design
- Low-light image quality paled in comparison to HTC One
7. Samsung Galaxy S20
It appears for each couple of positives about the Galaxy S20 arrangement, there’s a negative. You’re getting a huge amount of highlights when all is said in done, great half and half zoom (and periscope zoom on the Ultra), a dazzling 120Hz OLED screen, 5G, great battery life, and 8K recording. But on the other hand you’re getting a heavy sticker price (from $1,000 to $1,400), gimmicky 100x Space Zoom, no appropriate fax camera on the S20 or S20 Plus, and an interpretation of One UI that is beginning to experience the ill effects of highlight creep like Samsung skins of old. This is additionally the first Samsung Galaxy S arrangement that totally jettisoned the earphone jack. Boo. All things considered, these are still the absolute best premium telephones of 2020, and are commendable passages in Samsung’s progressing cell phone tradition.
- Class-leading screens
- 8K recording with the ability to extract 33MP frames
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Versatile cameras
- Good battery life
- Disappointingly expensive pricing
- Big performance gap between Snapdragon and Exynos variants
- Zoom capabilities were overstated
- No 3.5mm port
- No Galaxy S20e
6. Samsung Galaxy S9
The Galaxy S9 was basically the Galaxy S8.1, which thus imparted some DNA to the Galaxy S7. It included a comparable glass plan to the Galaxy S8, with heaps of inner specs remaining the equivalent as well. The Galaxy S arrangement got a double camera arrangement just because, yet this was confined to the Galaxy S9 Plus. Different updates incorporate local 960fps moderate movement recording, double opening primary cameras, and AR Emoji. The telephones commonly adopted a generally protected strategy when rival Huawei dropped the inventive P20 Pro, and we saw a lot of progressively reasonable leaders as well. On the off chance that we were simply considering the Plus model, it’d rank over its immediate ancestor, yet for what it’s worth, the Galaxy S9 sits in a good spot in the 6th spot.
- Super slow-mo could be cool
- Fingerprint reader was in a more convenient location
- Holy trifecta of a 3.5mm port, IP68, and wireless charging
- Standard Galaxy S9 was gimped (no secondary rear camera, less RAM)
- Design was an evolution of S8, which wasn’t a huge change over S7
- Battery size didn’t see an increase over S8 series either
- Dual aperture feature was interesting, but an evolutionary dead-end
5. Samsung Galaxy S8
2017 saw most by far of telephones embracing a 18:9 screen proportion or higher. The Galaxy S8 family was no exemption. It conveyed bounty increasingly ravishing OLED screen while as yet feeling simple to hold. Samsung’s mid 2017 leaders likewise observed the presentation of an assortment of highlights, for example, DeX, the Bixby voice aide, the much-defamed Bixby button, and an iris scanner that wasn’t as awful the same number of thought it would have been. The equivalent can’t be said of the back unique finger impression scanner, be that as it may. How could anybody believe that adhering it close to the camera was a smart thought? In any case, following an unpleasant scarcely any months following the detonating Note 7 calamity, the Galaxy S8 arrangement was an ideal update that Samsung was as yet the big enchilada.
- Improved photo quality due to multi-frame image processing
- Fantastic design
- DeX genuinely brought a PC-like experience to the table
- 3D Touch home button was a great replacement for a physical button
- No dual cameras when rivals had it for a year
- Bixby button couldn’t be remapped at first
- Fingerprint scanner location was awful
- Average battery life
4. Samsung Galaxy S3
The Galaxy S/Galaxy S1 may have begun the arrangement and the Galaxy S2 may have given us that Samsung’s camera group could rival Apple, yet the Galaxy S3 was the high point for the company’s initial barely any leads. The Galaxy S3 conveyed a fascinating plastic plan, a retooled, nature-themed TouchWiz UI with a couple of slick highlights (Smart Stay to keep the screen on, a popup video player), and fast internals. Taken together, you had the range’s first genuine iPhone executioner in quite a while of the two deals and by and large quality.
- Powerful internals
- Removable battery and microSD support
- Great camera
- Some useful software additions
- TouchWiz UX not as smooth as many other Android skins
- Plastic design didn’t feel as premium as metal or glass
3. Samsung Galaxy S10
2019’s Galaxy S10 family had something for everybody, from the more reasonable Galaxy S10e to the Galaxy S10 Plus with all the fancy odds and ends, and even a beefed up 5G model. This something-for-everybody approach brought about probably the best Galaxy leads ever. It likewise denoted the primary year of Samsung offering various cameras on all gadgets, a long-past due move when any semblance of LG, Huawei, and Xiaomi had double cameras or more for a long time as of now. Hurl in smooth punch-gap structures, the presentation of the One UI skin, and lovely OLED screens, and there was a ton to like here.
- Flexible camera setups on all models
- Class-leading OLED screens
- The Galaxy S10e with its great specs and price
- Last Galaxy flagships with headphone jacks
- IP68 rating and wireless charging
- Cameras good but not great (especially at night)
- 15W charging is slow compared to most rivals
- In-display fingerprint scanner was hit-and-miss
2. Samsung Galaxy S5
Was 2014 the best ever year for cell phones? In the event that it is, at that point some credit needs to go to the Galaxy S5, which saw Samsung bringing its A game. The Galaxy S5 was the first mainline Galaxy leader with water obstruction, yet it didn’t come to the detriment of a removable battery or microSD support. This was additionally one of the first Samsung telephones with 4K recording (following the Galaxy Note 3). Moreover, the telephone’s constant HDR capacity was an extraordinary expansion when HDR photography on most telephones was as yet a moderate, hazy chaos. The main large disillusionment was the swipe-based unique finger impression scanner, which could not hope to compare to the iPhone 5S’s touch-based scanner. A dearest telephone that just passes up the top spot just barely.
- Water resistance
- Removable battery and microSD support
- Great image quality with real-time HDR
- Swipe-based fingerprint scanner wasn’t as intuitive as touch-based scanners
- MicroUSB port requires a plastic flap to seal against water damage
1. Samsung Galaxy S7
The best Galaxy S arrangement ever tended to the entirety of the Galaxy S6 arrangement’s glaring issues, and kid did it fix a great deal. Greater batteries? Check. Water opposition? That’s right. MicroSD development? To be sure. Something else, the Galaxy S7 arrangement likewise conveyed a comparatively fit 12MP primary camera, 240fps moderate mo (coordinating the iPhone), and rapid internals. A top vender and a common example of significant development and not only cycle for the wellbeing of iteration, the Galaxy S7 likewise filled in as the absolute opposite of the iPhone territory at that point. All hail the Galaxy S7.
- Water resistant design
- Wireless charging
- MicroSD expansion
- Great photo/video quality
- Glass design easily attracts fingerprints
- MicroUSB when major rivals switched to USB-C
That’s it for our Samsung Galaxy S series rankings! Do you agree with the order? Let us know down below.